Home sweet home

Buying your own apartment makes you go through a mixture of emotions, at least for me.
The initial house hunting was difficult- both physically and mentally but it was doable.
The initial excitement soon turned into anxiety and overwhelm. Day and night I spent my energy in finding the perfect home.
However, after a period of time, the bubble breaks and the same happened with me. My perception of a “dream home” changed with time considering financial, emotional even geographical conditions.
The constant fear and doubt of whether I’m making a right decision, the anxiety that kicked in because my bank account would be empty as one invests all their savings - all these feelings are on a different level.

And when you finally buy one and do the housewarming, it’s time to celebrate! You feel as giddy as a little kid - except much, much more responsible. You get busy with the formalities and a series of EMIs for the coming years. Same happened with me!

I breathed a sigh of relief however because the entire process was now behind me. The new set of shiny new keys, a new place to call “home," and peace of mind that I did the right thing because I now have a place to live with my partner which is officially ours.

And a big shoutout to my partner who has been with me through thick and thin as always and was with me in this entire process. The satisfaction that we get looking at each other in that house is on another level. It’s a bumpy ride yet a proud feeling for both of us.

We’ve finally found our “home sweet home” ❤️🧿

Source: Pinterest

Follow me on Instagram: Uncensored Happiness




Comments