Diwali season

Diwali is just round the corner and I'm way too excited to celebrate it this year because it's my second diwali post marriage and first one where I'll be celebrating it with my husband in Pune doing all the rituals by ourselves. Of-course I miss not being with my in-laws but doing everything by yourselves is a different kind of vibe.

I believe that this is a part of our Indian culture, that whatever we want to do in our life, we need to be grateful and start that journey with the blessings of the Supreme Divine being. And that's what is the case with Diwali as it marks the beginning of the Hindu calendar. I love our Indian culture because every relegion finds home here, all kinds of festivals are celebrated throughout the year in India and are logic-based as well. There's so much to learn from each festival because each one has its own significance.

About Diwali, there's this beautiful ritual of cleaning our houses, shopping clothes & home decor stuff, decluttering what's no longer useful for us, exchange gifts/sweets with family/friends etc. I also gift my house helpers with stuff for their kids - the smiles & gratitude they have for it touches my heart.

This time it's an even more merrier feeling because we've recently shifted to a new place and it has such good & positive vibes. I can't wait for the week to get over so that I get to prepare delicious snacks, sweets and gift hampers - everyone who knows me is aware how much I love it 🙂 I am also looking forward to getting dressed up in beautiful Indian attires and have a gala time with friends/family in Pune. Also, decorating your house like a newly wedded bride is a must - undoubtedly, duh!

Moreover Diwali symbolises the victory of light over darkness, good over evil and hope over despair. It's the best time to let go of all our dark/evil habits & thought patterns, declutter our mind as well along with our homes. Isn't all this beautiful ? 😉

So let's burn all the negativity & shine like the sparkles. Wishing you and your loved ones a very Happy Diwali

Source: Pinterest

 

Comments