Down the memory lane..

You have a memory to look back on today - a notification pops up on my phone from facebook.
As I open to look at it, it's a memory from 4 years ago, this day - the day when I graduated from college, when I was officially an engineer.
Looking back I realize, 4 years during engineering were one hell of a ride for me.
I still remember my first day of college - I was asked to get out of the class on the very first Chemistry lecture, come on, for a studious, innocent, introvert, naive girl that I was, it was the most shameful punishment I could get. The reason was very lame though; I was attentively listening to the professor and wasn't taking down notes while she was teaching - this pissed her off and she bluntly decided I wasn't worthy to attend her class anymore - so flimsy, I know right.

So much was already going on in my life during that period - little did I know the engineering ride was going to be a roller coaster for me. I had become a silent, distant person by the time I joined college because of everything that was happening to me at that time. I had set a very clear goal for myself to only focus on studies, get good grades and not get distracted by friendships, people in general. But hello, life happened. I made some really genuine friendships with the most craziest people. I found the first love of my life too in college. I literally experienced every kind of emotion.

Those 4 years have played a major role in making me what I am today. Life is not the same, obviously. Not all of my college friends are in contact with me but I have a bunch of them who'll be there the next moment I want them to. Failed relationship & broken friendships taught me beautiful life lessons apart from the engineering itself. Every moment is worth cherishing.

I feel nostalgic yet grateful today as I write this....

Source: Pinterest


Comments