Overthinking about overthinking

Someone has rightly said, "There is nothing in this world that can trouble you as much as your own thoughts".

I absolutely agree with this. I am an over-thinker, and it sucks.
You end up making scenarios in your head which aren't even there in the first place. I overthink maybe because I am too scared or nervous about something to happen for which I'm not prepared. It makes you feel let down, leads to a bad mood always, makes you feel hopeless, even worthless. It stops you from doing whatever you want.
I know this is all stupid and can maybe overcome easily. But then here's where anxiety kicks in. And trust me, anxiety makes you sit and overthink every single thing. And every time I'm anxious, I just feel like escaping, running away so that nobody notices me.
Here's the trickier part though, I'm aware that I overthink - and that makes me indecisive about everything, like am I right ? or is my overthinking fooling me ?
I don't know if what I'm saying is even making any sense, but that's how it is.
I hate all this, because once you start to overthink, you just can't stop.

Source: Pinterest

Comments